Focus and Scope
The electronic journal is an established pedagogical technically-based forum for publication and communication in the use of ICT in education and ICT pedagogical studies.
The Editors welcome any papers on education, psychology, didactics and methodology as well as educational or training systems development using ICT in any educational domain: ICT in educational researches, ICT in management of education, computer-oriented learning tools. Within the framework of scientific topics the journal gives the special value the theoretical and methodical problems of e-learning, cloud technologies in education, e-learning management systems, distance learning, open learning environments, open systems for educational researches, comparative studies for information and education innovations, ICT in education policy.
- The methodology, theory and history of the use of ICT in education
- ICT and learning tools in preschool education
- ICT and learning tools in primary and secondary education
- ICT and learning tools in vocational education and training
- ICT and learning tools in the system of higher education
- ICT and learning tools in the sphere of post-graduate education
- ICT to support psychological and educational research
- ICT in the management of education
- Teachers training of secondary and vocational schools on the use of ICT
- Post-graduate teachers and scientists training on the use of ICT
- Open information and educational space and information protection
Editorial Ethics Policy
- General Statement on Editorial Ethics
- Competing Interest Guidelines
- Policy of screening for plagiarism
Educational Research Ethics Policy
The Editors don't charge any author fee for manuscripts submitting, reviewing and publication.
Peer Review Process
The Editors accept theoretical and methodological articles concerning the journal's focus and scope. Manuscripts which do not correspond the main approach (ICT in education) or the edition's requirements can be declined at the stage of initial review directly by an Editor-in-Chief.
The Editors support international high standards of the peer review process transparency, therefore practice the double "blind" peer review: authors and reviewers do not know each other's names. Previously all of their personal information removed from the articles texts and files properties.
The submitted articles are sent for reviewing to two independent experts within a week. A reviewers meet with the article's abstract, whereupon consent or refuse to review this material. In the case of refuse, other reviewers are appointed within a few days.
In a four-week term reviewers meet with the material and estimate its scientific level filling "Review Form", where specify their remarks and comments. Additionally, experts may upload files with corrections or materials which can be used for the revision of the article.
After filling the basic "Review Form" experts select one of the offered recommendations:
- Accept Submission – the article is ready for publication and accepted without changes
- Revisions Required – accepted, if an author will take into account the indicated remarks
- Resubmit for Review – need a revision and repeated reviewing
- Resubmit Elsewhere – after the subjects the article responds to other edition
- Decline Submission – the article does not correspond to the requirements of the edition
- See Comments – choose in the case when none of previous recommendations dissatisfies
On completion of reviewing process all corresponding information sends to the author. During 1-2 weeks the author improves the article and uploads an updated version. If after the indicated term the article is not returned (or the edition is not informed about delay) - the article is taken off from a turn and deleted.
The reviewers re-examine improved manuscript and provide a recommendation on the possibility of its further publication.
- If the author does not agree with some reviewer comments, he may submit an appeal to the editor in the format "reviewer comments - author ‘s response." This document will be sent to the reviewer and together with the editors will made a decision on the manuscript.
- When reviewers choose mutually opposite resolution (accept/reject), the editors contact with them and consider together all comments to harmonize positions on further publication of this material.
- If a decision cannot be reached, the editors appoint an independent expert.
Electronic scientific professional edition "ITLT" is published 6 issues per year.
|№||Deadline for manuscripts submission||Estimated date for issue publication|
|1||1th of February||at the end of February|
|2||1th of April||at the end of April|
|3||1th of June||at the end of June|
|4||1th of September||at the end of September|
|5||1th of October||at the end of October|
|6||1th of December||at the end of December|
Open Access Policy
The journal provides readers with immediate free access to all published content under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
Users are free to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
Open Journal Systems supports the LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) system to ensure a secure and permanent archive for the journal. LOCKSS is open source software developed at Stanford University Library that enables libraries to preserve selected web journals by regularly polling registered journal websites for newly published content and archiving it. Each archive is continually validated against other library caches, and if content is found to be corrupted or lost, the other caches or the journal is used to restore it.
The "Іnformation Technologies and Learning Tools" journal also utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries. The Editors permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
LOCKSS Publisher Manifest
Additionally, all files are periodically archived and preserved with The Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine.