DISTANCE LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES IN ORGANIZING SELF-STUDY WORK OF STUDENTS MAJORING IN PHILOLOGY
AbstractIn this article, on the basis of the analysis of didactic potentialities of three kinds of distance learning technologies (case technology, Internet technology, TV technology), the feasibility of integrating case and Internet technologies to design an "electronic case" as a means of students' self-studying in e-learning of foreign languages and cultures is substantiated. The content of educational, monitoring, motivating and informative functions of the "electronic case" in self-studying is defined. The constituent features of the "electronic case" are described. The structure examples of the "electronic case" and its content for developing business letter writing and reading skills are given. To create an "electronic case" a course management system Moodle should be used as its educational potential enables implementation of the suggested requirements for its designing.
T. Bazvanova, "Training of foreign students and specialists of non-philological profile with business letters using remote technologies", M. S. thesis, Pushkin St. Russian Language Univ., Moscow, Russia, 2005. (in Russian)
E. Efimkina, "Methodology of using distance educational technologies in teaching the French language to students of linguistics", M. S. thesis, Dobrolyubov St. Linguistic Univ., Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia, 2010. (in Russian)
G. Vishnevskaya, "The introduction of distance technologies in the process of teaching foreign languages to part-time students of non-linguistic universities", Izvestiya Penzenskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. V. G. Belinskogo, № 24., pp. 589-592, 2004. (in Russian)
L. Zhuk, "Internet technologies as a means of organizing independent work of students of technical universities: on the teaching material of a foreign language", M. S. thesis, St. Petersburg Polytechnic Univ., St. Petersburg, Russia, .2006. (in Russian)
V. Barkasi and S. Barkasi, "Blended learning usage in teaching foreign languages in the universities". «Young Scientist». № 2 (17), pp. 203-206, 2015. (in Ukrainian)
N. Zemlianska, "Application of blended learning in teaching foreign languages at high school", The journal of humanities of the SHEE "Pereyaslav-Khmelnytskyi State Pedagogical University named after Hryhoriy Skovoroda":collection of scientific works, Ed. 36, pp. 228-236, 2015. (in Ukrainian)
B. Shunevych, "Method of blended learning teaching of forign languages at high school", Naukovi zapysky Nаtsional'noho universytetu "Ostroz'ka akademiya": Ser.:Filolohichna, vol. 11, pp. 542-548, 2009. (in Ukrainian)
O. Korotun, "Methodological bases of blended learning in the higher education", Information Technologies in Education, № 3, pp. 117-129, 2016. (in Ukrainian)
K. Kozhuhov, "Pedagogical model of the application of distance technologies in the process of forming the methodical competence of the future teacher (on the material of the discipline "Theory and methodology of teaching foreign languages")", Extended abstract of M. S. thesis, Kursk State Univ., Kursk, Russia, 2008. (in Russian)
E. Polat, Distantsionnoe obuchenie. Moscow, Russia: Vlados, 1998. (in Russian)
A. Hutorskoy "Distance learning and its technologies" [Оnline]. Available: http: // www.computerra.ru/compunity/edujob/20277/. Accessed on: April 11, 2017 (in Russian)
J. Gilbert et al., Blended learning in English language teaching: course design and implementation. London, UK: British Council, 2013. (in English)
C. A. Ochoa Alpala, and E. E. Roberto Flórez, "Blended learning in the teaching of English as a foreign language: an educational challenge", HOW, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 154-168, 2011. (in English)
O. Tarnopolsky, Constructivist blended learning approach to teaching English for specific purposes. London, UK: Versita, 2012. (in English)
S. Agaponov, Z. Dzhamashvili, Sredstva distantsionnogo obucheniya: metodika, tehnologiya, instrumentariy. St. Petersburg, Russia: BHV-Peterburg, 2013. (in Russian)
T Koval'., S. Sysoyeva, L. Sushchenko, Pidhotovka vykladachiv vyshchoyi shkoly: informatsiyni tekhnolohiyi u pedahohichniy diyal'nosti. Kyiv, Ukraine: Vyd. tsentr KNLU, 2009. (in Ukrainian)
P. Syisoev, "Training on an individual trajectory", Yazyik i kultura, № 4(24), pp. 121–131, 2013. (in Russian)
E. Mashbits, V. Andrievskaya, E. Komissarova, Dialog v obuchayuschey sisteme. Kyiv, Ukraine: Vischa shkola, 1989. (in Russian)
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors hold copyright immediately after publication of their works and retain publishing rights without any restrictions.
- The copyright commencement date complies the publication date of the issue, where the article is included in.
- Authors grant the journal a right of the first publication of the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others freely to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
- Original published articles cannot be used by users (exept authors) for commercial purposes or distributed by third-party intermediary organizations for a fee.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) during the editorial process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see this journal’s registered deposit policy at Sherpa/Romeo directory).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Post-print (post-refereeing manuscript version) and publisher's PDF-version self-archiving is allowed.
- Archiving the pre-print (pre-refereeing manuscript version) not allowed.