DEVELOPMENT OF METHODS FOR SUPPORT OF QUALIFICATION FRAMEWORKS TRANSPARENCY BASED ON SEMANTIC TECHNOLOGIES
AbstractThe urgency of the integration of national and European qualification frameworks for the comparing of learning outcomes for different countries is grounded. Theoretical research in this area and the tools that are built on them are analyzed. The approaches to harmonization of the National qualification framework of Ukraine with the European qualification frameworks and problems dealing with their practical use are considered. The necessity of the development of software tools oriented on comparison of these qualification frameworks based on the Semantic Web technologies is reasoned. In this work the use of ontologies for representation of learning outcomes and the Semantic Wiki technologies for structuring of the relevant information resources is proposed. A theoretical model and an algorithm for matching ontologies with Wiki-resources that enable dynamic replenishment of these ontologies and comparison of various information objects are developed. A software implementation of the proposed approach is realized.
The Resolution of The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 'On Approval of the National Qualifications Framework', 2011. [Online]. Available: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1341-2011-%D0%BF. (in Ukrainian).
R. Tuck, J. Hart and J. Keevy 'The relevance of the national qualifications framework impact study to qualification framework developmen't in the Southern African development community. SAQA Bulletin, 6(2), 5–29, 2004. (in English)
V. Lugovyi 'Nacional qualification framework: understanding and realization'. Profesiyno-tekhnichna osvita, 1, pp. 5–9, 2010. (in Ukrainian)
Kh. V. Podkovko 'Competencies as a component of Nacional qualification framework development'. Visnyk Chernigivskogo nacionalnogo pedagogichnogo universytetu, 2010. [Online]. Available: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/. (in Ukrainian)
Y. Sukharnikov 'Conceptual foundations of development and implementation of Nacional qualification framework of Ukraine'. Viyscha shkola, 3, 16–38, 2012. (in Ukrainian)
V.F.Homych 'Forming of the key competencies of specialists into the Nacional qualification framework structure', 2012. [Online]. Available: http://zavantag.com/docs/1861/index-15321.html. (in Ukrainian).
S. Allais 'Selling out education: National qualifications frameworks and the neglect of knowledge', 2014. [Online]. Available: https://www.sensepublishers.com/media/1988-selling-out-education.pdf. (in English)
K. Ojasalo, S. Juvonen, V. Kaartti and H. Haapaniemi 'New Approach and Tools for Systematic Integration of Higher Education with Research and Development Projects', 2017. [Online]. Available: https://www.theseus.fi/bitstream/handle/10024/124187/Ojasalo_Juvonen_Kaartti_Haapaniemi.pdf?sequence=1. (in English)
S. M. Pryima and O. V. Panin 'Transparency of European and national qualification frameworks with the help of computer ontologies '. Informaciyni technologii i zasoby navchannya, 33, 1, 2013. (in Ukrainian).
J. Rogushina and S. Pryima 'Use of ontologies and the Semantic Web for qualifications framework transparency', Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1/2 (85), pp.25-30, 2017. (in English)
J.Davies , D.Fensel and F. van Harmelen 'Towards the Semantic Web: Ontology-driven knowledge management', John Wiley & Sons Ltd, England, 2002, p. 288. (in English)
P. Warren 'Knowledge Management and the Semantic Web: From Scenario to Technology', IEEE Intelligent Systems, 21, 1, pp. 53–59, 2006. (in English)
T. R. Gruber 'The role of common ontology in achieving sharable, reusable knowledge bases'. [Online]. Available: http://www.cin.ufpe.br/~mtcfa/files/ 10.1.1.35.1743.pdf. (in English)
J. V. Rogushina, A. Y. Gladun, V. V. Osadchiy and S. M. Pryima 'Ontological analysis into the Web'. – Melitopol, MDPU im.Bogdana Hmelnickogo, 2015, 407 p. (in Ukrainian).
C. Wagner 'Wiki: A technology for conversational knowledge management and group collaboration', The Communications of the Association for Information Systems, V. 13(1), pp .264–289, 2004. [Online]. Available: http://aisel.aisnet.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi? article= 3238& context= cais. (in English)
K.O.Lundqvist, K. D.Baker and S. A.Williams. 'An ontological approach to competency management' [Online]. Available: http://www.eife-l.org/publications/proceedings/ ilf07/ Contribution110.pdf. (in English)
'Protégé' [Online]. Available: http:// protege. stanford.edu/.(in English)
J. Rogushina and A. Gladun 'Ontology-based competency analyses in new research domains', Journal of Computing and Information Technology, V. 20, № 4, pp. 277–293, 2012. (in English)
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors hold copyright immediately after publication of their works and retain publishing rights without any restrictions.
- The copyright commencement date complies the publication date of the issue, where the article is included in.
- Authors grant the journal a right of the first publication of the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others freely to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
- Original published articles cannot be used by users (exept authors) for commercial purposes or distributed by third-party intermediary organizations for a fee.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) during the editorial process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see this journal’s registered deposit policy at Sherpa/Romeo directory).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Post-print (post-refereeing manuscript version) and publisher's PDF-version self-archiving is allowed.
- Archiving the pre-print (pre-refereeing manuscript version) not allowed.