Е-ENVIRONMENT BASED ON MICROSOFT SHAREPOINT FOR THE ORGANIZATION OF GROUP PROJECT WORK OF STUDENTS AT HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
AbstractMaterials of the article are devoted to the experience of implementing cloud services in the process of training students at the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. The latest research in the field of designing and creating e-environments for the organization of group project work has been analyzed. The e-environment model based on Microsoft SharePoint is developed and the method of using Office 365 cloud services in a single e-environment for organizing group project work of students is given. This article offers the developed criteria and selected tools for assessing the effectiveness of using the e-environment for the organization of group project work. It presents the materials and analysis of the results of applying the project method in the course of studying the academic discipline “Information Technologies” at the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. It also defines the advantages of applying e-environment based on Microsoft SharePoint for the organization of students’ project work.
AlAlaa N. Tashkandi, Ibrahim M. Al-Jabri “Cloud computing adoption by higher education institutions in Saudi Arabia: an exploratory study”, Cluster Computing. №18:1527. [Online]. Available: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10586-015-0490-4. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in English)
M. Alabbadi “Cloud computing for education and learning: education and learning as a service (ELaaS)”. In: 14th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning, pp. 589–594, 2011 (in English)
Skendzic, B. Kovacic “Microsoft Office 365 – cloud in business environment”, Proceedings of the 35th International Convention. MIPRO, 2012, [Online]. Available: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6240878/ Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in English)
M. Knoll “The project method: Its vocational education origin and international development”, Journal of Industrial Teacher Education, №34 (3), pp. 59-80, 1997 (in English)
T. Grady Roberts, Julie F. Harlin “The Project Method in Agricultural Education: Then and Now”, Journal of Agricultural Education, v. 48, №3, pp. 46-56. [Online]. Available: http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ840131.pdf. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in English)
O. Karabin “Project activity in formation of professional self-development of future specialists in the field of information technologies”, "Young Scientist", v. 12.1 (40), 2016. [Online]. Available: http://molodyvcheny.in.ua/files/journal/2016/12.1/100.pdf. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in Ukraine)
N. Morse, L. Varchenko-Trotsenko "Using wiki-technology for the organization of the educational environment of a modern university”, Open educational e-environment of the modern university, v. 1, pp. 115-125, 2015. [Online]. Available: http://openedu.kubg.edu.ua. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in Ukraine)
Adrian Ellison, Mauli Arora “Harnessing the power of Office 365 to provide a social learning environment through a new Student Portal” [Online]. Available: https://eunis2013-journals.rtu.lv/article/view/eunis.2013.010. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in English)
B. Worobec, R. Bryant “Using SharePoint as a limited learning management system”, Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, v. 32, Issue 2, pp. 11-18, 2016.. [Online]. Available: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3015065. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in English)
L. Atkins, C. Cole “An Introduction to Collaboration with SharePoint for First-year Business Students”, Journal of Information Systems Education, v. 21(3), pp. 283-287. [Online]. Available: https://mail.ukr.net/attach/show/15000228521478154798/2/vol21-3pg283.pdf. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in English)
Social competences of young specialists: results of the implementation of the international project TEMPUS “IMPRESS”. [Online]. Available: http://www.edu-trends.info/tempus-impress/. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in Ukraine)
Stryuk, M. Stryuk, M. Koval "Methodical System of Teaching Informatics Disciplines Using Cloud Technologies", 2017. [Online]. Available: http://lib.iitta.gov.ua/1193/1/stryuk_v3.pdf. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in Ukraine)
Neal Brandi, Martz Ben “Foundations for a team oriented curriculum”, Journal of Learning in Higher Education, v. 12, Issue 2, pp. 45-53, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://goo.gl/Tqk5KY. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in English)
What is Soft Skills? What is the difference between Soft and Hard Skills? [Online]. Available: http://www.welldone.org.ua/shho-take-soft-skills-v-chomu-riznitsya-soft-i-hard-skills. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in Ukraine)
Time Management Skills Test. [Online]. Available: https://www.psychologytoday.com/tests/career/time-management-skills-test. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in English)
J. Moreno "Sociometry. Experimental Method and Science about Society ", “Foreign Literature”, p. 255, 1958 (in Russian)
How Do You Communicate? [Online]. Available: https://www.activia.co.uk/communication-skills-test. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in English)
O. Glazunova, T. Voloshyna, “Hybrid Cloud-Oriented Educational Environment for Training Future IT Specialists”, Information and Communication Technologies in Education, Research, and Industrial Applications, Communications in Computer and Information Science, v. 1614, pp. 157-167, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1614/paper_64.pdf. Accessed on: August 19, 2017 (in English)
P.Black, “Formative Assessment and Curriculum Consequence”, Curriculum and Assessment. Westport: Greenwood Publishing Group, Incorporated, pp.133-135, 2000. (in English)
O. Glazunova, D. Kasatkin, O. Kuzminska, M. Mokriyev, A. Blozva, T. Voloshyna, T. Sayapina, Integration of educational resources and services of IT companies into the university's educational environment [collective monograph]. Kyiv, Ukraine: LLC "NVS Interservice", 2016 (in Ukrainian)
O. Kuzminska, T. Voloshyna, T. Sayapina, “Learning Technologies in an Innovative Oriented Educational Environment: A Competency Approach and Educational Communications”,Scientific Bulletin of the National University of Bioresources and Natural Resources of Ukraine, Series «Pedagogy. Psychology. Philosophy, Redcologist: Nikolayenko SM (Ed.) And others, vol. 253, no 2, pp. 50-64, 2016 (in Ukrainian)
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors hold copyright immediately after publication of their works and retain publishing rights without any restrictions.
- The copyright commencement date complies the publication date of the issue, where the article is included in.
- Authors grant the journal a right of the first publication of the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others freely to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
- Original published articles cannot be used by users (exept authors) for commercial purposes or distributed by third-party intermediary organizations for a fee.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) during the editorial process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see this journal’s registered deposit policy at Sherpa/Romeo directory).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Post-print (post-refereeing manuscript version) and publisher's PDF-version self-archiving is allowed.
- Archiving the pre-print (pre-refereeing manuscript version) not allowed.