FORMATION OF PUPILS’ LEXICAL COMPETENCE BY COMPUTER GAMES IN THE STUDY OF UKRAINIAN LANGUAGE
Keywords:lexical competence, educational computer game, electronic linguodidactics, interactive educational-game complex
AbstractThe article deals with the problem of forming the lexical competence of younger teenage pupils with the use of computer games in the process of learning the Ukrainian language, the ways of its solution and the corresponding methodical recommendations are offered. The importance of creating and using computer games in order to improve the quality level of Ukrainian-language education is substantiated. The essence of the concepts of «lexical competence», «educational computer game» is specified. On the basis of analysis of scientific works, synthesis of educational and methodological ideas, generalization of own experience of pedagogical work the conditions of effective use of educational computer games within the limits of Ukrainian-language education are determined. It has been established that the integration of computer games into the traditional Ukrainian language learning system helps to provide internal motivation for learning, activating pupils ‘cognitive activity, forming general and substantive competencies. It is emphasized that the effectiveness of educational computer games in the language training of students depends on the level of professional education, ICT competence and linguodidactic skill of a teacher-translator. The educational potential of an interactive educational game complex is described, which is to stimulate interest in teaching the Ukrainian language and creates opportunities for the formation of lexical competence on the basis of electronic linguodidactics.
Г. Корицька, Шкільна мовна освіта в умовах розвитку електронного навчального середовища», E-learning у теорії та практиці навчання суспільно-гуманітарних дисциплін, Івано-Франківськ, Україна: Симфонія форте, с. 40-54, 2017.
В. Новосьолова, "Методи, прийоми й засоби навчання в процесі формування лексичної компетентності учнів 5–7 класів", Українська мова і література в школі, №3 (113), с. 19–23, 2014.
Velasco Daniel García, Lexical competence and functional discourse grammar, Бразилія: Alfa, SãoPaulo, 51 (2): с.165-187, 2007.[Електронний ресурс]. Доступно: http://piwik.seer.fclar.unesp.br/alfa/article/viewFile/1442/1150.
Джон Равен, Педагогическое тестирование: Проблемы, заблуждения, перспективы, Москва, Россия: Когито-Центр, 2001.
Л. В. Мелешко, "Інтерактивний навчально-ігровий комплекс. Українська мова в іграх (5-6 класи) ". [Електронний ресурс]. Доступно: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xt2ZLmseqBubhc44gRemRTBazsJZBFHg. Дата звернення: Груд. 16, 2017.
REFERENCES (TRANSLATED AND TRANSLITERATED)
H. Korytska, «School Language Education in the Development of the Electronic Learning Environment», E-learning in the theory and practice of teaching social and humanitarian disciplines: kolektyvna monohrafiia, zazah. red. H. R. Korytskoi, T. M. Putii, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraina: Symfoniia forte, s. 40-54, 2017. (in Ukrainian)
V. Novosolova, «Methods, methods and means of teaching in the process of formation of lexical competence of students 5-7 grades», Ukrainian language and literature at school, №3 (113), s. 19–23, 2014. (in Ukrainian)
Velasco Daniel García. «Lexical competence and functional discourse grammar», Brazil: Alfa, São Paulo, 51 (2): s.165-187, 2007.[online]. Available: http://piwik.seer.fclar.unesp.br/alfa/article/viewFile/1442/1150 (in Brazilian)
Dzhon Raven, «Pedagogical testing: Problems, delusions, perspectives», Moskva, Rossyia: Kohyto-Tsentr, 2001. (in Russian)
L. V. Meleshko, «Interactive educational game complex. Ukrainian language in games (grades 5-6)». [online].Available: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xt2ZLmseqBubhc44gRemRTBazsJZBFHg. Accessed on: Dec. 16, 2017. (in Ukrainian)
How to Cite
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors hold copyright immediately after publication of their works and retain publishing rights without any restrictions.
- The copyright commencement date complies the publication date of the issue, where the article is included in.
- Authors grant the journal a right of the first publication of the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others freely to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
- Original published articles cannot be used by users (exept authors) for commercial purposes or distributed by third-party intermediary organizations for a fee.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) during the editorial process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see this journal’s registered deposit policy at Sherpa/Romeo directory).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Post-print (post-refereeing manuscript version) and publisher's PDF-version self-archiving is allowed.
- Archiving the pre-print (pre-refereeing manuscript version) not allowed.