EXPERIENCE OF USING SKYPE AS A MEANS OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES TEACHING EFFICIENCY IMPROVING
AbstractThe article deals with foreign languages teaching, namely German, with the help of the Skype communication system. In the XXI century, the use of interactive methods and Internet resources in the educative process is a promising direction for modern education modernization. The advantages of learning in Skype include the convenient schedule for classes both for the teacher and the student, personal freedom, residence interdependence, use of the full range of Internet resources, authenticity of texts, audio and video files, etc. Owning to the use of the full range of Internet resources, this kind of training improves monologic and dialogical speech, listening comprehension and writing skills, and promotes the development of various competencies. The most popular and useful sites containing materials for teaching German which facilitate and vary the work with the help of Skype are analyzed. Among them are Deutsche Welle; Der Weg. Portal für Deutschlernende; Deutschlernerblog für Deutschlerner in aller Welt; Mein Deutschbuch. The subject matter of these sites such as topics, grammar and lexical materials, audio and video are overviewed. The possibilities and advantages of each site are analyzed, for which purpose it is possible to use one or another section while learning with the help of Skype. Recommendations for using specific sites and sections to prepare for the German language exam to obtain an internationally recognized certificate are formulated. As an example, the article provides tutorials and links to specific sites for teaching in Skype on the topic “Food in our lives” at level A2. This lexical theme is proposed to be studied in parallel with such grammar materials as “Substantiv und Artikel”, “Perfekt”, “Präteritum”, and “Modalverben”. The author supplies links with grammar exercises that contain lexical material on the selected subject, which contributes to a better acquisition of new material and consolidating already learned grammatical themes. The article contains links to the Deutsche Welle website with lessons have been already developed within the lexical theme on-line and off-line, as well as topics for projects, tasks for socio-cultural development of students, proverbs and set expressions, links with texts for reading and listening comprehension.
А. А. Георгиади, “К вопросу о применении медиаобразовательных технологий в преподавании филологических дисциплин в Украине и за рубежом”, Порівняльно-педагогічні студії, № 3, с. 142-149, 2012.
Н. В. Юхно, “Мобільна педагогіка (m-Learning) як сучасний метод викладання у вищому навчальному закладі”, Педагогіка формування творчої особистості у вищій та загальноосвітній школах, вип. 49 (102), с. 384-389, 2016.
А. І. Покулевська, “Методика викладання німецької мови за допомогою комунікаційної системи Skype”, Педагогічна освіта: теорія і практика, т. 20, с. 386-393, 2016.
О. Б. Бігич, “Методика формування іншомовної компетентності в аудіюванні”, Іноземні мови, № 2 (70), с. 19-30, 2012.
S. E. Eaton, “How to Use Skype in the ESL/EFL Classroom” [Електронний ресурс]. Доступно: http://www.drsaraheaton.wordpress.com.
A. Elia, “Language learning in tandem via Skype” [Електронний ресурс]. Доступно: http://www.readingmatrix.com/articles/elia/article.pdf.
T. M. Kerova, “About the Use of Skype at the English Lessons”, European Journal of Natural History, № 6, p. 42, 2011.
REFERENCES (TRANSLATED AND TRANSLITERATED)
A. A. Georgiadi, “On the Application of Media Education Technologies in the Teaching of Philological Disciplines in Ukraine and Abroad”, Porivnialno-pedahohichni studii, # 3, pp. 142-149, 2012. (in Russian)
N. V. Yukhno, “Mobile Pedagogy (m-Learning) as a Modern Method of Teaching in High School”, Pedahohika formuvannia tvorchoi osobystosti u vyshchii ta zahalnoosvitnii shkolakh, # 49 (102), pp. 384-389, 2016. (in Ukrainian)
A. I. Pokulevska, “Methods of teaching German with SKYPE communication system”, Pedahohichna osvita: teoriia i praktyka, # 20, pp. 386-393, 2016. (in Ukrainian)
O. B. Bihych, “Foreign Listening Comprehension Competence Formation”, Inozemni movy, # 2 (70), pp. 19-30, 2012. (in Ukrainian)
S. E. Eaton, “How to Use Skype in the ESL/EFL Classroom” [online]. Available: http://www.drsaraheaton.wordpress.com. (in English)
A. Elia, “Language learning in tandem via Skype” [online]. Available: http://www.readingmatrix.com/articles/elia/article.pdf. (in English)
T. M. Kerova, “About the Use of Skype at the English Lessons”, European Journal of Natural History, # 6, p. 42, 2011. (in English)
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors hold copyright immediately after publication of their works and retain publishing rights without any restrictions.
- The copyright commencement date complies the publication date of the issue, where the article is included in.
- Authors grant the journal a right of the first publication of the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others freely to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
- Original published articles cannot be used by users (exept authors) for commercial purposes or distributed by third-party intermediary organizations for a fee.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) during the editorial process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see this journal’s registered deposit policy at Sherpa/Romeo directory).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Post-print (post-refereeing manuscript version) and publisher's PDF-version self-archiving is allowed.
- Archiving the pre-print (pre-refereeing manuscript version) not allowed.