DEVELOPMENT OF TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION STUDENTS’ ICT COMPETENCE WHILE TEACHING COMPUTER-AIDED FASHION DESIGN
The present paper deals with the problem of CAD (computer-aided design) competence formation of would-be teachers of technology and vocational school teachers. It is noted that for fashion industry to develop, it is necessary that its professionals should have both the knowledge of basic communication technologies and foundations of using CAD. ICT competence is necessary for trainee teachers of technology and vocational education specialists both for their educational activity and for successful creation of outfit models using computer techniques. The aim of the research lies in grounding the list of software equipment to be used by trainee teachers of technology and vocational school teachers to provide effective learning of CAD in professional sphere. The introduction to professional-oriented software is realized in higher education institutions of Ukraine during the course of “Basics of computer aided design”, after a preparatory course “Information Technologies” Information technologies are used in fashion industry for creating new models, equipment management, and for maintaining the life cycle of outfits. Hereby presented is a systemized list of computer software tools for professional purposes to be used in automated workstation of the designer: software tools for correct and safe system component management; software for file creation and information sharing; CAD-subsystems. The content of the course “Basics of computer aided design” have been described. Practical approbation has proved effectiveness of the developed syllabus along with the methodological support of the course “Basics of computer-aided design”. The results of the investigation are important for grounding the content of study for trainee teachers of technology and specialists of vocational education, as well as for professionals in fashion industry.
Yu. Doroshenko, І. Bіrіllo, O. Khlyupіn, and S. Blashchuk,“Conceptual principles of informational competence of future architects”,Іnformatsіyno-komunіkatsіynіtekhnologії v suchasnіyosvіtі: dosvіd, problemi, perspektivi: ZbіrnikMaterіalіv ІІІ mіzhnarodnoїnaukovo-praktichnoїkonferentsії, pp. 133–139,2012. (in Ukrainian)
UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers. Paris, UNESCO, 2011. [Online]. Available: http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0021/002134/213475e.pdf. Accessed on: August 13, 2018. (in English)
L.Fernández-Sanz, J.Gómez-Pérez, andA.Castillo-Martínez, “e-Skills Match: A framework for mapping and integrating the main skills, knowledge and competence standards and models for ICT occupations”, Computer Standards & Interfaces,vol. 51,pp. 30-42,2017. doi:10.1016/j.csi.2016.11.004. (in English)
A.Lukšėnienė, B.Žygaitienė, and K.Pošiūnaitė, “IT priemonių taikymo ypatumai per technologij ųpamokas”, Pedagogika, vol. 113, no 1, p. 148-158, 2014 http://www.pedagogika.leu.lt/index.php/Pedagogika/article/view/13/13 (in Lithuanian)
O.V. Yezhova, K.L. Pashkevich, and N.V. Manoilenko, “Comparative analysis of foreign models of fashion education”, Revista Romaneasca pentru Educatie Multidimensionala, vol. 10, no 2, pp. 88-101, 2018.doi: 10.18662/rrem/48. (in English)
O.Yezhova, “Formation of ICT competence of future specialists of the garment industry by means of CAD Grazia”,Educational Technology & Society, vol.18.no 3, pp. 410-420,2015. [Online]. Available:http://ifets.ieee.org/russian/depository/v18_i3/pdf/6.pdf. Accessed on: August 13, 2018. (in Russian)
G. Gorghiu, L.M. Gorghiu, and L. Pascale, “Enriching the ICT competences of university students – a key factor for their success as future teachers“,Journal of Science and Arts, no1, pp. 183-190, 2018. (in English)
N.V. Morze, and O.P. Buinytska, “Raising information and communication technologies competence of scientific and pedagogical employees – a key requirement of the quality of educational process”, Information Technologies and Learning Tools, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 189-200, june 2017. [Online]. Available at: https://journal.iitta.gov.ua/index.php/itlt/article/view/1667/1184. Date accessed: August 13, 2018. (in Ukrainian)
F. Chen, N. V.Gorbunova, A. R. Masalimova, and J. Birova, “Formation of ICT-Competence of Future University School Teachers”, Eurasia Journal of Mathematics Science and Technology Education, vol. 13,no. 8,pp. 4765-4777, 2017. doi: 10.12973/eurasia.2017.00963a.(in English)
K. Peter, A. Hašková, M.Palaj, M. Skačan, and J. Záhorec, “How to Teach CAD/CAE Systems”,International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy (iJEP), vol. 8,no. 1,pp. 148-162, 2018. doi: 10.3991/ijep.v8i1.8185. (in English)
B. Barbero, C. Pedrosa, and R. Samperio, “Learning CAD at university through summaries of the rules of design intent”, International Journal of Technology and Design Education, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 481-498, 2017. doi: 10.1007/s10798-016-9358-z. (in English)
C. Yan,B. Yu,Y.Hui, andF.Zhou, “CAD Education of College Students with Engineering Practice and Team Work”, Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, vol. 13., no. 8., pp. 5569-5576,2017.doi: 10.12973/eurasia.2017.01010a. (in English)
Program «3D-modeling» [Online]. Available: http://julivi.com/3d-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8C.html. Accessed on: August 13, 2018. (in Russian)
Technical multiplication [Online]. Available: http://autokroy.com/content/o-produkte. Accessed on: August 13, 2018. (in Russian)
O. Yezhova, “Theory and practice of creating predictive models for training skilled workers in the sewing industry“, Kirovohrad, 2016.(inUkrainian)
S.D. Beshelev,andF.G. Gurvich, “Mathematical and statistical methods of expert estimates”. Moscow: Statistika, 1980. (in Russian)
O. Yezhova, “Information technology in the creation of garments”,Kirovohrad, 2015. (inUkrainian)
S. Pecherskaja, “Theoretical and methodological bases of readiness of students to the use of information technology ”, avtoref. diss. … dokt.psih.nauk: spec. 19.00.07 «Pedagogicheskajapsihologija»,Sochi, 2007. (in Russian)
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors hold copyright immediately after publication of their works and retain publishing rights without any restrictions.
- The copyright commencement date complies the publication date of the issue, where the article is included in.
- Authors grant the journal a right of the first publication of the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others freely to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
- Original published articles cannot be used by users (exept authors) for commercial purposes or distributed by third-party intermediary organizations for a fee.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) during the editorial process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see this journal’s registered deposit policy at Sherpa/Romeo directory).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Post-print (post-refereeing manuscript version) and publisher's PDF-version self-archiving is allowed.
- Archiving the pre-print (pre-refereeing manuscript version) not allowed.