THE EFFECTIVENESS OF IMPLEMENTING "HEART-LUNG MACHINE SORIN C5" SOFTWARE PRODUCT IN THE EDUCATIONAL PROCESS OF MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
The article is devoted to the research of the effectiveness of formation of students’ experimental competencies in hydrodynamics and hemodynamics at a medical university using the software "Heart-lung machine SORIN C5" . On the basis of analysis of psychological and pedagogical literature, the professional experimental competencies of medical students are singled out and the role of virtual laboratory works in the development of students’ professional experimental competencies in higher medical education institutions is determined. The authors consider the use of information resources in the educational process on the example of the software product "Laboratory work "Study of the hemodynamics fundamentals using the apparatus "Heart-lung machine SORIN C5", which is an integral part of the discipline "Medical and Biological Physics". The paper describes the main structural elements and implementation of respective scenarios in the virtual laboratory work on hydrodynamics and hemodynamics. The article presents statistical check of the effectiveness of formation of students’ experimental competencies in hydrodynamics and hemodynamics based on the use of Student's t-test. The authors analyze the results of the conducted experiment and show that visualization, the use of web resources in physics and virtual laboratory work contribute to the formation of the logical and epistemological structure of the teaching material and the strengthening of the role of fundamental generalizations of concepts and theories. It is proved that the difference in the knowledge acquisition coefficients in the experimental and control groups is significant and depends not on random samples, but on the difference in the formation of the material structure and teaching methods in medical and biological physics. It has been established that the system of virtual laboratory works contributes to students’ training in general scientific methods of action, forms the proper professional, technological and experimental competence.
Copyright certificate № 81646 «Software product "Laboratory work "Study of the hemodynamics fundamentals using the apparatus "Heart-lung machine SORIN C5" . L. P. Sukhovirska, O. M. Lunhol, O. V. Zadorozhna. Registry date 09/21/2018 Declared 07/28/2018, № 82513 (in Ukrainian).
V. Sliusarenko, Methodology of formation of experimental competences of senior pupils from optics. Naukovi zapysky. Series: Pedahohichni nauky, № 8(1), pp. 131-134, 2015 (in Ukrainian).
Mitra S. Feizabadi, An Experience Teaching an Undergraduate Level Course in Biophysics. Bioscene: Journal of College Biology Teaching, V. 35(1), pp. 48-52, 2009 (in English).
Jay L. Nadeau, Introduction to Experimental Biophysics: Biological Methods for Physical Scientists (Foundations of Biochemistry and Biophysics). CRC Press, 2 edition, 2017 (in English).
N. Stuchynska and O. Hrybkov, Methodology of teaching electrography with the use of virtual training simulators. Naukovi zapysky. Series: Problemy metodyky fizyko-matematychnoi i tekhnolohichnoi osvity, № 2(7), рр. 245-249. [Online]. Available: http://phm.kspu.kr.ua/ojs/index.php/NZ-PMFMTO/article/viewFile/645/580 Accessed on: March. 23, 2019 (in Ukrainian).
O. V. Zadorozhna, "Methodological grounds for creating and applying pedagogical software in the process of teaching Physics to students of institutions of higher learning", diss. cand. ped. sciences, V. Vynnychenko KSPU, Kirovohrad, Ukraine, 2014 (in Ukrainian).
L. P. Sukhovirska, " Resource approach to teaching physics in general education institutions ", diss. cand. ped. sciences., V. Vynnychenko KSPU, Kropyvnytskyi, Ukraine, 2017 (in Ukrainian).
L. P. Sukhovirska, and O. M. Lunhol, Bases of hydrodynamics and hemodynamics: guidance for students (Ukrainian, Russian and English). Kropyvnytskyi, Ukraine: PP «Tsentr operatyvnoi polihrafii «Avanhard», 2018 (in Ukrainian, in Russian, in English).
E. O. Attinger, Hydrodynamics of Blood Flow. Advances in Hydroscience, V. 3, 1966, pp. 111-152 (in English).
SORIN C5. Ergonomic perfusion: Cardiac Surgery Solution . Sorin Group, 2013. [Online]. Available: http://eurosmed.ru/files/uploads/C5_ENG_V02.pdf. Accessed on: March 23, 2019 (in English).
Ye. Shvets, O. Nebesniuk, Z. Nikonova and A. Nikonova. Biophysics. Training manual. Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine: ZDIA, 2008 (in Ukrainian).
Patrick F. Dillon, Biophysics: a physiological approach. Cambridge, United Kingdom at the University Press, 2012 (in English).
L. P. Sukhovirska, Web-resources to the methods of training biophysics in medical institutions of higher education. Naukovi zapysky. Series: Pedahohichni nauky, V. 168, pp. 245–248, 2018. [Online]. Available: https://www.cuspu.edu.ua/images/nauk_zapiski/pedagogy/168.pdf Accessed on: March 23, 2019 (in English).
L. P. Sukhovirska, O. M. Lunhol, O. V. Zadorozhna, Systems of virtual laboratory works on biophysics as a means of implementing the principle of professional orientation of student training. Information Technologies and Learning Tools, V. 70, No 2, pp. 141 – 154, 2019. [Online]. Available: https://journal.iitta.gov.ua/index.php/itlt/article/view/2657 (in Ukrainian).
P. Volovyk, Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics in Pedagogy. Kyiv, Ukraine: Radianska shkola, 1969 (in Ukrainian).
Yu. Pavlov, Statistical processing of the didactic experiment, measurement and assessment of knowledge. Moscow, Russia: Znanie, 1977 (in Russian).
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors hold copyright immediately after publication of their works and retain publishing rights without any restrictions.
- The copyright commencement date complies the publication date of the issue, where the article is included in.
- Authors grant the journal a right of the first publication of the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others freely to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
- Original published articles cannot be used by users (exept authors) for commercial purposes or distributed by third-party intermediary organizations for a fee.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) during the editorial process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see this journal’s registered deposit policy at Sherpa/Romeo directory).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Post-print (post-refereeing manuscript version) and publisher's PDF-version self-archiving is allowed.
- Archiving the pre-print (pre-refereeing manuscript version) not allowed.