GOOGLE CLASSROOM AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL OF SMART LEARNING AND MONITORING OF STUDENTS' KNOWLEDGE IN VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS
The paper highlights the importance of monitoring students’ knowledge in the educational process organized on the basis of IT. The monitoring procedure in training enhances students’ knowledge. The results of this study show that the modernization of the monitoring in the educational process requires the use of modern computer equipment and means of communication. Electronic monitoring of students’ knowledge is the basis for obtaining an objective independent assessment of the level of students’ academic achievements (knowledge, intellectual and practical skills). The paper also presents the list of online services for creating broad-based tests, which include Google Forms, LEARNINGAPPS.ORG, PROPROFS, ClassMarker. Careful analysis of the learning forms allows us to present a way of organizing students’ training with the help of the Google platform, including the Google Classroom service (Learning Management System), which is essential for online learning and effective control of students’ knowledge of the subjects of their major. Unlike its predecessors, the Google Classroom as a separate learning management system allows teachers to use the integrated tools of the Google Apps package, such as Google Drive and Gmail. The main possibilities of using Google Classroom for the organization of Smart learning and monitoring of students’ knowledge are identified. The paper also presents detailed information on the possibilities for Google Classroom users (teachers, students, mentors, parents, administrators). The use of the Smart course, developed by means of the interactive services combined with the traditional methods of teaching information technologies, has made it possible to move the communication of students and teachers up to a new level – it is not limited only to a classroom. In the Google Classroom the educators can post tasks, send announcements, start discussions, and students can share materials, add comments on the course, communicate via e-mail. The information on the work done is constantly updated, which allows the educators to check the tasks quickly and monitor students’ knowledge. The article proves the effectiveness of using the Smart course on the basis of Google Classroom for the formation of information skills of students majoring in “Information and Software Processing Operator”.
Certified Administrator [E-resource]. Google Apps. Certification. (2015). [Online]. Available: http://certification.googleapps.com/admin
V. Grycenko, I.Yustyk (2015), “Using the Google Classroom service to manage the educational processes”, [Online]. Available: http://www.cuspu.edu.ua/ua/ntmd/konferentsiy/2015-10-06-06-17-54/sektsiia-4/3930-vykorystannya-servisu-google-classroom-dlya-upravlinnya-osvitnimy-protsesamy
V. Yu. Bykov (2011), “Cloud technologies, ICT outsourcing and new functions of ICT units in educational and scientific institutions”, Information Technology in Education, Vol. 10, pp. 8-23.
Zh. V.Bilijchuk (2018), Modern pupils are modern education. [Online]. Available: https://naurok.com.ua/suchasni-uchni---suchasna-osvita-36887.html
R. S. Gurevych, M. Yu Kademiya. (2016), “Smart education as a new paradigm of the modern education”, Theory and practice of social systems management, No 4, pp. 74-78.
O. H. Glazunova, T. V. Voloshyna, V. I. Korolchuk (2020), “Hybrid cloud-oriented learning environment for IT student project teamwork”, Information Technologies and Learning Tools, Vol. 77, No 3, pp. 114-129. [Online]. Available: https://journal.iitta.gov.ua/index.php/itlt/article/view/3210
N. Morze, O. Kuzminska (2012), “Cloud computing in education: experience and prospects for implementation”, Informatics and information technologies in educational institutions, No 1, pp. 109-114.
S. H. Lytvynova (2014), “The concept and main characteristics of the cloud-based learning environment of comprehensive school”, Information Technologies and Learning Tools, Vol. 40, No 2, pp. 26-41.
B. A. Maliczkyj, G. F. Bonch-Bruyevych, V. O. Abramov, T. I. Kosenko (2007), Current issues of methodology and practice of methods of implementation of Smart board technology in the educational process. Kiyiv, Ukraine: KMPU named after B.D. Grinchenko, 102 p.
O. M. Markova, S. O. Semerikov, A. M. Stryuk (2015), “Cloud learning technologies: origins”, Information Technologies and Learning Tools, Vol. 46, No 2, pp. 29-44.
V. Oleksiuk (2014), “Introduction of cloud computing technologies as components of the IT infrastructure of universities”, Information Technologies and Learning Tools, Vol. 41, No 3, pp. 256-267.
V. Yu. Bykov, O. M. Spirin, O. P. Pinchuk. (2017), “Problems and tasks of the modern stage of the education informatization”, Scientific support for the development of education in Ukraine: current issues of theory and practice, pp. 191-198.
Yu. Tryus (2012), “Cloud technologies in the training of computer science students”, Cloud technologies in education: Proceedings of the all-Ukrainian scientific-methodical Internet-seminar, pp. 147-149.
T. A. Vakaljuk (2014), “Using cloud technologies to create online surveys” Information and technological support of the educational process of a modern university. [Online]. Available: http://elib.bsu.by/handle/123456789/89683
I. Yu. Shakhina (2017), “Organization of the educational process using electronic educational and methodical complexes for the training of computer technology specialists”, Information Technologies and Learning Tools, Vol. 58, No 2. pp. 141-154.
Transform your classroom with Google Classroom [E-resource]. Available: https://www.google.com/edu/products/productivity-tools/classroom/
Learn with Google. [E-resource]. Available: https://plus.google.com/communities/104432969346660912374/stream/90f8462f-1e80-4cac-b2ac-cb1ac51b4cd7
S. Kajita, K. Mase, S. Jang, M. Ueda, Z. Yu, N. Lin (2006), “Classroom: Expanding Awareness in Classroom to Ubiquitous Teaching and Learning Using Eclipse RCP”, in Proc. Eclipse Conference. pp. 161-163.
I. Yu.Shakhina, O. I. Ilyina (2016), “Organization of quality control of students’ knowledge using electronic testing”, Physical and mathematical education: a scientific journal Issue 4 (10), Sumy: SumDPU, pp. 152-157.
On the implementation of the pilot project “Learning – SMART Training” (2012, July 12th), Order of the Ministry of Education and Science No 812. [Online]. Available: http://osvita.ua
Copyright (c) 2020 Ірина Юріївна Шахіна
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors hold copyright immediately after publication of their works and retain publishing rights without any restrictions.
- The copyright commencement date complies the publication date of the issue, where the article is included in.
- Authors grant the journal a right of the first publication of the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others freely to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
- Original published articles cannot be used by users (exept authors) for commercial purposes or distributed by third-party intermediary organizations for a fee.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) during the editorial process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see this journal’s registered deposit policy at Sherpa/Romeo directory).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Post-print (post-refereeing manuscript version) and publisher's PDF-version self-archiving is allowed.
- Archiving the pre-print (pre-refereeing manuscript version) not allowed.