Focus and Scope
The electronic journal is an established pedagogical technically-based forum for publication and communication in the use of ICT in education and ICT pedagogical studies.
The Editors welcome any papers on education, psychology, didactics and methodology as well as educational or training systems development using ICT in any educational domain: ICT in educational researches, ICT in management of education, computer-oriented learning tools. Within the framework of scientific topics the journal gives the special value the theoretical and methodical problems of e-learning, cloud technologies in education, e-learning management systems, distance learning, open learning environments, open systems for educational researches, comparative studies for information and education innovations, ICT in education policy.
Peer Review Process
The Editors accept theoretical and methodological articles concerning the journal's focus and scope. Manuscripts which do not correspond the main approach (ICT in education) or the edition's requirements can be rejected at the stage of initial review.
The Editors support international high standards of the peer review process transparency, therefore practice the double "blind" peer review: authors and reviewers do not know each other's names. Previously all of their personal information removed from the articles texts and files.
The submitted articles are sent for reviewing to two independent experts. The reviewers view the article's abstract, whereupon consent or refuse to review this material. In the case of refuse, other reviewers are appointed.
The reviewers consider the material and estimate its scientific level filling "Review Form", where specify their remarks and comments. Additionally, experts may upload files with corrections or materials which can be used for the revision of the article.
After filling the basic "Review Form" experts select one of the offered recommendations:
- Accept Submission – the article is ready for publication and accepted without changes
- Revisions Required – accepted, if the author takes into account the indicated remarks
- Resubmit for Review – need a revision and repeated reviewing
- Resubmit Elsewhere – the subject of the article corresponds to other edition
- Decline Submission – the article does not correspond to the requirements of the edition
- See Comments – choose in the case when none of previous recommendations is satisfied
On completion of reviewing process all corresponding information sends to the author. The author improves the article and uploads an updated version. If the article is not returned or the edition is not informed about delay, the article is taken off from a turn and deleted.
The reviewers re-examine improved manuscript and provide a recommendation on the possibility of its further publication.
- If the author does not agree with some reviewers` comments, he may submit an appeal to the editor in the format "reviewers` comments - author ‘s response." This document will be sent to the reviewer and together with the editors will made a decision on the manuscript.
- When reviewers choose mutually opposite resolution (accept/reject), the editors contact with them and consider together all comments to harmonize positions on further publication of this material.
- If a decision cannot be reached, the editors appoint an independent expert.
Electronic scientific professional edition "ITLT" is published 6 issues per year.
|Issue №||Estimated date for issue publication|
|1||at the end of February|
|2||at the end of April|
|3||at the end of June|
|4||at the end of September|
|5||at the end of October|
|6||at the end of December|
Open Access Policy
The journal provides readers with immediate free access to all published content under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
Users are free to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
- The methodology, theory, philosophy and history of the use of ICT in education
- ICT and learning tools in preschool education
- ICT and learning tools in secondary education
- ICT and learning tools in vocational education and training
- ICT and learning tools in the higher educationestablishments
- ICT and learning tools in the sphere of post-graduate education
- ICT to support psychological and educational research
- ICT in the management of education
- Post-graduate teachers and scientists training on the use of ICT
- Open information and educational space and information and data security
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statements
Editorial Ethics Policy
- General Statement on Editorial Ethics
- Competing Interest Guidelines
- Policy of screening for plagiarism
Educational Research Ethics Policy
The Editors don't charge any author fee for manuscripts submitting, reviewing and publication.
The National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine is a higher state academic body which acts to promote academic research in the area of education.
The Academy is actively involved in the methodological, scientific and methodical maintenance of educational development, working out its legislative and normative base, creating the modernization concepts of general, vocational and higher education, improving the efficiency of the educational process.
2006 - Electronic scientific professional edition "INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND LEARNING TOOLS" was founded in December 2006.
2007 - The journal introduced to the "List of scientific professional publications" in pedagogical sciences (Decree of the Supreme Attestation Commission's Presidium of Ukraine № 1-05/4 on April 12, 2007).
2009 - Publication frequency - 6 times a year.
2010 - Edition has been moved to a new journal management and publishing system Open Journal Systems(OJS) that has been developed by the Public Knowledge Project (Canada).
2012 - The journal is included to the catalogues of the databases and libraries and holds the 13th place in Top 100 most cited in the "The rating of the scientific journals of Ukraine", compiled by the Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine.
2015 - The journal holds the 5th place in "Top 100 scientific journals of Ukraine" according to Google Scholar.