USE OF THE BIG DATA IN THE EDUCATIONAL PROCESS OF THE MODERN UNIVERSITY
Keywords: Big Data, ICT trends, Higher education
AbstractThe article discusses the use of Big Data in universities in the educational process, as one of the trends in modern information technologies. A historical sketch of the development of the conceptual-categorical apparatus Big Data is submitted. The initial causes of the introduction of modern trends influencing the development of university education are generalized. There are highlighted the reasons that determine the theoretical and methodological problem of scientific and methodological support for the use of Big Data in the educational process of a modern university. The analysis of the latest research on the use of Big Data in the educational process is presented; the indicators characterizing Big Data and the advantages of their use in the educational process are given as well as there are presented the results of the research: a list of electronic educational resources (tools) that allow using Big Data in the educational process of a modern university. The recommendations and prospects of using Big Data in the educational process of the modern university are given.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Nikolaienko, S. M., Shynkaruk, V. D., Kovalchuk, V. I., & Kocharyan, A. B. (2017). USE OF THE BIG DATA IN THE EDUCATIONAL PROCESS OF THE MODERN UNIVERSITY. Information Technologies and Learning Tools, 60(4), 239-253. https://doi.org/10.33407/itlt.v60i4.1681
ICT and learning tools in the higher education establishments
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors hold copyright immediately after publication of their works and retain publishing rights without any restrictions.
- The copyright commencement date complies the publication date of the issue, where the article is included in.
- Authors grant the journal a right of the first publication of the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others freely to read, download, copy and print submissions, search content and link to published articles, disseminate their full text and use them for any legitimate non-commercial purposes (i.e. educational or scientific) with the mandatory reference to the article’s authors and initial publication in this journal.
- Original published articles cannot be used by users (exept authors) for commercial purposes or distributed by third-party intermediary organizations for a fee.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) during the editorial process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see this journal’s registered deposit policy at Sherpa/Romeo directory).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Post-print (post-refereeing manuscript version) and publisher's PDF-version self-archiving is allowed.
- Archiving the pre-print (pre-refereeing manuscript version) not allowed.